Fewer than 72 hours of Mrs. Catherine Dupe Atoki’s led Consumer Protection Council’s uncomplimentary report on the level of Benzoic in Pepsi, Miranda, Lucozade, the federal government has announced her removable and has been subsequently replaced with Babatunde Irukera, as the new director general.
The appointment takes immediate effect.
The President Muhammadu Buhari administration today announced new 23 heads/chief executive officer of federal agencies and CPC is one of them.
Atoki, who was appointed by former President Goodluck Jonathan in 2013, had seemingly repositioned the agency which hitherto was struggling with identity challenges.
Irukera’s appointment is with immediate effect.
Mrs. Atoki has had a running battle with some multinationals during a 4 years stay at the helms of affairs at CPC. Some of the companies that have come under Atoki’s watch are Coca-Cola, Nigerian Breweries, Multichoice, and banks.
Atoki, a renowned Nigerian female rights activist, received the distinguished Gusi Peace Prize International for 2013 on November 27 at the Philippine International Convention Center, Manila Philippines.
She is the first African woman to be honoured with the laureate which is considered as the Asian equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.
The new man at CPC, is a seasoned litigant, specializes in commercial, aviation and public interest litigation.
Irukera has over 20 years of transactional, commercial litigation and practice management experience. His experience includes over 10 years in the United States engaging in complex commercial litigation and settlements including several jury trials and significant appellate work.
As part of his journey through life, Irukera also heads the commercial litigation and Aviation sector at SCP. His engagements have involved a broad range of commercial and corporate issues including securities litigation, investments and divestments, joint ventures, oil block acquisitions, product liability, fiduciary duties of directors, intellectual property, and cross border litigation including discovery in other jurisdictions.
- Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) has Bayo Somefun as the managing director, with Tijani Suleiman, Mr Jasper Azuatalam, as Kemi Nelson as executive directors. Here is the full list:
- National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) has Barrister Julie Okah-Donli as Director-General 2 National Centre for Women Development (NCWD) has Barrister Mary Ikpere-Eta as Director-General READ ALSO: Buhari’s absence at FEC meeting raises eyebrows
- Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) has Bayo Somefun as director-general while Tijani Suleiman, Mr Jasper Azuatalam and Kemi Nelson are executive directors
- The Federal Mortgage Bank (FMB) has Arc Ahmed Dangiwa as managing director while Melvin Eboh is Executive Director (Org. Resourcing), Hajiya Rahimatu Aliyu is Executive Director (Loans Department, Securities Issuance and Market Development) while Umaru Abdullahi Dankane is Executive Director (Policy and Strategy Loans Set-Up and Pay Off)
- Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) has Alex Okoh as Director General
- Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) has Abdulkadir Saidu Umar as Executive Secretary
- National Park Service (NPS) has Ibrahim Musa Goni as Conservator-General/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) President Buhari approves appointment of heads of 23 agencies Buhari approved the appointment on Thursday, April 13
- Service Compact (SERVICOM) has Nnenna A. Akajemeli as National Coordinator/CEO Read more: https://www.naij.com/1099446-president-buhari-approves-appointment-heads-23-agencies.html
- National Directorate of Employment (NDE) has Nasiru Mohammed Ladan as Director General 10 Michael Imoudu National Institute for Labour Studies (MINILS) has Saliu Dada Alabi as Director General
- National Research Institute for Chemical Technology has Professor Jef T Barminas as Director General
- Nigeria Institute for Social and Economic Research (NISER) has Dr Haruna Yerima as Director
- Nigeria Insurance Commission (NAICOM)
- Nigeria Insurance Commission (NAICOM) has Sunday Thomas as Deputy Commissioner
- Consumer Protection Council has Tunde Erukera as Executive Secretary
- Federal Character Commission has Barr Mohammed Bello Tukur as Secretary
- National Pension Commission (PENCOM) has Dikko Aliyu Abdulrahman as Director-General (Subject to Senate Confirmation), Funso Doherty as chairman, Akin Akinwale as executive commissioner, Abubakar Zaki Magawata, Ben Oviosun and Nyerere Ayim as executive commissioners